Wednesday, October 12, 2016

My Personal Board of Advisors
If you could have anyone, living or dead, to be on your personal board, advising you on life and the decisions you make, whom would you choose?



                                                                  

                                                                             

                                                                            

Ron Bailey -Chairman
I choose Ron as my chairman because he is my husband and my life choices affect him as well as they affect me.  I trust him with my life and know that the decisions we make are for the good of both of us.  We have been married for 24 years and we are equal partners.  I supported him when he went back to school when he started on his path to health and fitness. He has supported me in my journey to going to school.  We have been through financial struggles and we were able to communicate well with one another to be able to pull ourselves out of our struggles.  We have two children that we have raised together with the same values and teachings to our children.  Ron is my life partner who always has my best interests in his heart.

Mom (Donna Murphy) – Board Member
I would have chosen my mom because she was my personal advisor all my life.  She was the one who pushed me as a 19-year-old to go out to the dance where I met my husband.  She supported me in my decision to marry.  My mom was the one who was with me during the delivery of both of my children when I was scared she was encouraging me and letting me know that I could do it.  Then after I had my children my mom was there to help me with the questions I had about bringing them up.   She never told me what to do, she always said “if I were you” and then she would tell me what she would do.  I loved that she did not ever tell me what to do, she let me make my own decisions and then supported them even if it was not what she would have done.

Alicia Bailey – Board Member
                I choose my daughter, Alicia, because she is always challenging me to be a better person.  She is intelligent and competitive therefore she likes to challenge me to see who can get better grades.  I love that she helps me engage in using my brain and pushes me to learn as much as I possibly can.  Alicia is my daughter and best friend so she challenges me because she wants me to know that I can do it on my own.  She is the most level-headed twenty-year-old I know.  For example, she got her first job when she was eighteen years old working for a department store as a truck unloader.  She was disciplined enough to save almost all of her paychecks so that when she turned nineteen-years-old she could pay cash for her first car.  She did not want to get a loan but she wanted a car.  Now she has to pay for gas, maintenance, and insurance.  She is saving her money now so she can come to BYU-I for the winter semester.  I chose her because I know she will challenge me and help me learn to be as disciplined as she is.

Bishop Werner – Board Member
            I choose my Bishop because he is knowledgeable in life skills.  He has always been there to help me remember my Heavenly Father in times of distress and in good times.  Bishop Werner has always reminded me to do my service whether that be in the church or in my community.  I love my Bishop and I respect his opinions.  He has always given me sound advice, not always what I want to hear, but always what I need to hear.  Bishop Werner does not appear to be judgmental, and he directs me down the correct path by small comments he makes.  He has always been there for me when I have needed a blessing or when I’ve needed a spiritual boost.  I choose my Bishop because he is supportive of me and the decisions I make.

Valerie Oliver – Board Member
            I choose Valerie because she is my manager at work and my mentor.  I like her leadership and try to imitate her leadership often.  Valerie is very open and honest with me and her dealings with the company.  I respect her as a person and a leader. She has helped me grow as a leader and has good advice for me when I need to make an important business decision.  I trust her opinion because she has been a manager/leader for over 20 years and she knows her business inside and out.  Valerie manages over 200 employees every day and the employees are happy and continue to work for her.  She has shown me to be a good leader you need to get to know your employees as people and be friendly.  Valerie is a good inspiration to me.




Rob Hamilton – Board Member
            I choose Rob because he is my older brother and has owned his own janitorial company for over 15 years and he has been doing very well with it.  He has taught me how to find good employees who will fit the company’s needs.  He has shown me how to schedule employees, he has had me work with him when someone calls out sick.  I have seen him be in charge and the authority he brings to the table.  I want to aspire to be like him.  Rob has always challenged my financial decisions.  He asks me why I’m spending the money? Not what is it for but why do I feel it is necessary to spend it and could it be better used somewhere else.  I would defiantly choose Rob to help me keep a level head about my business finances.

Tonya Hamilton – Board Member
            I choose Tonya for a couple of reasons, first being that she has worked for a credit union as a loan officer for the last 10-years and second because he has Multiple Sclerosis.  She was hospitalized for more than 2 months and she lost her sight, could not walk and all around did not feel good.  Tonya is my sister and I have watched her when she was that sick to come back 1 year later and go back to work.  She fought hard to regain her health and join the working world again.  I love to see the strength that she has and I hope that she can share her strength and determination with me.  I choose Tonya because she is a strong independent woman who knows what she wants and goes after it.


No comments:

Post a Comment